Monday, August 30, 2010

mini-update

so... as it turns out, i didn't make it out to Rock It Fest in June. it was upsetting because i had been looking forward to it for months & i thought it would be some great spiritual kick in the pants. of course, nobody can know how any event will effect them. but i was really hoping that this one would be at least a nudge in the right direction, one that was much needed. sad to say, my dad was traveling so much for work that he wasn't up to a trip to Robstown... even if it was so important to me. even more sad, there is no way my parents would've been okay with me driving up AND staying overnight by myself.

maybe it was the missed opportunity for a mini-spirit revival, or maybe it was just my inner depressive state, but in these last couple of months i have only been slipping further down the hole. about 2 hours ago, i was so troubled by my lack of encouragement that i felt it was blog-worthy. took a while to write, as always, because things things just evolve on their own as i'm typing. maybe after i've gotten some sleep, i will repost it here. it became an almost whiny blog of a very hurt ego, but it made me really look at myself and realize that it's not all about me!

once again, the seasons are changing. it'll soon be fall. this week, classes at UTPA start up. i'm at least semi-excited about going back to school. this will be the best semester schedule i've had & hopefully the most fun. maybe i can really get excited about school this time. maybe i can get back to a regular exercise routine. maybe i can re-involve myself with campus groups. maybe i can find encouragement in an unexpected place and i will be revived. one can only hope.

PRAYER WARRIORS NEEDED!!!
please be praying for me. not only do i secretly want to come alive again but i NEED it. i don't want to see my dream (-SSS- ministry) float away. it would also benefit the young people in my area to have somebody care for them so much as to bring a ministry like this to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment